Thales nShield Connect, part of the nCipher product line, is a network-attached, general-purpose hardware security module (HSM) that protects up to 100 clients by safeguarding their encryption and digital signing keys and processing sensitive data on the trusted appliance.
nShield Connect enables enterprises to add hardware protection to critical applications such as public key infrastructures (PKIs), databases, web and application servers. Using standard cryptographic interfaces, nShield Connect integrates readily with Microsoft Certificate Services (PKI), Entrust Authority Security Manager, RSA Certificate Manager, Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, and many other applications.
Its unique dual, hot-swap power supplies and redundant, field-replaceable fans make nShield Connect fault tolerant. Providing high availability, scalability and remote management, it enables organizations to build reliable, future-proof cryptographic services.
Its security boundary is validated for FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and Common Criteria EAL4+.
nShield Connect replaces netHSM, the previous model of network-attached HSMs from the nCipher product line. If you have any questions about upgrading from netHSM to nShield Connect, please contact us.
The Thales nShield Connect comes in a variety of models including the nShield 500, 1500 and 6000.
- Enhances security for critical applications
- Reduces cost of compliance
- Simplifies encryption and signing key management
- CodeSafe option enables secure execution of custom applications within the security boundary to protect data in use
- Helps ensure business continuity and minimize downtime with unique dual, hot-swap power supplies and redundant, field-serviceable fans
- Compatible with nShield Solo and netHSM
- Offers exceptional scalability with unsurpassed performance for up to 100 clients
- Delivers FIPS and Common Criteria
Download nShield Connect Datasheet
Find out more about the Thales product range:
nShield Connect nShield Solo nShield Edge nFast SSL payShield 9000